An effective and integrated planning cycle requires leadership and vision which is defined by the strategic plan. Strategic Plans should drive the entire planning cycle.
Today’s dynamic global economy requires organizations to continuously adjust their plans to react to current market conditions. Therefore, in order to keep short term results aligned with the long term vision plans must interact with each other. Data should flow from the Strategic Plan, to the Budget, to the Forecast, and back to the Strategic Plan.
World class organizations effectively use long-term strategic plans to direct operational activities and sustain their competitive edge. VantagePoint consultants have extensive experience working with customers to develop and integrate strategic and operational plans.
- A long-term plan that is aligned with the organization’s mission statement
- A system that integrates short-term and long-term plans
- Effective long-term and short-term strategy are harmonized
- Strategic goals that are both quantifiable and have executive sponsorship
- Achievable checkpoints, milestones and timelines