SAP EPM Decision Tree
Between the release of BPC Microsoft 10.1, BPC-NW 10.1 Standard, BPC-NW 10.1 Embedded, and the most recent product, Analytics Cloud, the SAP user base naturally is facing a bit of confusion.
VantagePoint has put together the following decision tree to help guide our clients (at least at a high level) towards the right solution.
Diving a little more deeply into the BPC Standard vs. Embedded decision, here are more critical points for consideration.
Why and When BPC Standard
- Consolidations / disclosure management
- Financial intelligence (asset / liability, debit / credit, currencies, eliminations, journals)
- Finance / LOB owned system
- Existing BPC MS models
- Not on HANA
Why and When BPC Embedded
- Existing BPS / BW-IP models
- Tight integration with SAP BW / ECC
- Significant existing EDW established
- Scalability / performance
- Need for multi-key figure planning
- Internal resources with BW-IP skills available
- Preference for IT owned system
- Desire for BPC end user interface (reports / admin / controls)
- Desire for more self-service reporting